The new and revised sections of the Manual of Traffic Signs website present a useful new feature: many of the linked PDFs for signs now allow users to edit content on the first-page PDF to create a user-specific sign image. For example, users can now open the PDF for the R2-1 Speed Limit sign and change the numbers on the first page to create exactly the speed they need.
However, some users may encounter problems or glitches, such as:
- Legend or numerals not appearing in the correct typeface
- Legend or numerals appearing in the wrong location on the sign
- Legend or numerals not appearing at all.
Should these problems occur, the recommended solution is to:
- Download the PDF to the computer or device; i.e. not view it in the browser.
- Once downloaded, open the PDF file in the Adobe Reader (or Adobe Acrobat) application. You should be able to properly view and edit the legend and numerals. Newer versions of Reader may allow you to save the revised PDF.